October 18, 2019, 07:30:17 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Buster, Xenial and Bionic - updated 6.7.2019

Started by slovenia, December 24, 2013, 03:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

agarbato

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.10
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.3
hwaddress ether 00:01:43:5e:cb:55 # will be added at first boot

This looks correct to me.

Did you try to restart the network service instead or reboot?

Is the default gateway 192.168.1.3 reachable?

Try to set it manually and see if it works

ifconfig eth0  192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
route add default gw 192.168.1.3

As last option you can create a dhcp lease reservation on your router so you'll get always the same IP from dhcp.

Brakelmann

Quote from: agarbato on February 07, 2014, 04:34:39 am
QuoteDid you try to restart the network service instead or reboot?

Yes, I tried both.

Yes, it is reachable.

Setting this manually worked out without a problem, but the settings get lost after reboot?

Mh, kind of strange.

If nobody has further ideas I will try to go ahead with the lease reservation in my router,
as long as the static configuration is not working out for me.

Thanks, Brakelmann.

slovenia

My /etc/network/interfaces

I am using fixed IP in bridge mode with default router DHCP settings and it's working as expected.

auto lo br0
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual

iface br0 inet static
        address 172.16.100.96
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 172.16.100.1
        hwaddress ether AE:50:30:27:5A:CF
bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
Debian and Ubuntu images with kernel 3.4.110, 4.3.3, 4.4
http://www.armbian.com

agarbato

Quote from: Brakelmann on February 07, 2014, 06:01:47 am
Quote from: agarbato on February 07, 2014, 04:34:39 am
QuoteDid you try to restart the network service instead or reboot?

Yes, I tried both.

Yes, it is reachable.

Setting this manually worked out without a problem, but the settings get lost after reboot?

Mh, kind of strange.

If nobody has further ideas I will try to go ahead with the lease reservation in my router,
as long as the static configuration is not working out for me.

Thanks, Brakelmann.

That's very strange.

Try also to comment the hwaddress line and restart network service.

Check /var/log/messages for any related error.

Brakelmann

Hi Guys,

thanks for your support.
To make a long story short, I copied slovenias interface and adjusted the ipadresses which wokred fine after stopping and starting the network service.

After that I adjusted the rest to the following...
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.10
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.3
        hwaddress ether 00:01:43:5e:cb:55

and it is working fine.
There is no difference between the interfaces file than the one posted before.
I suppose there must have been some kind of hidden character (TAB or whatever) within this file which screwed the whole thing up.

Thanks, Brakelmann.

Brakelmann

Hi There,

is it possible to boot from nand and use the SDCard as mounted storage?!
If in insert the sdcard, the CT always wants to boot from SD card.

Thanks, Brakelmann.

Morphy

Quote from: agarbato on February 03, 2014, 04:38:41 pm
Quote from: slovenia on February 02, 2014, 04:50:11 am
QuoteBuild script is amazing.  I spent a whole night to find out what I needed to cross compile and your build script did all itself.  I've cleaned up things and I can confirm that with the new generated image all is working fine.

Thank you.  :P I am glad that you find it useful. It helps saving time and energy to deal with more advanced troubles.

After a couple of days with the new image built with USB-STORAGE to Y I find out that sometimes sata and usb tend to swap their names with sda/sdb.   99% of the times USB is sda and SATA sdb ( I tought it would have been the opposite but it's not) but sometimes they just change without a reason as the boot sequence is alway the same and both drives are always connected. 

This could be a problem for me too. I've got a USB-SATA adapter that has two SATA channels. I only have one of them connected at the moment but this will not mount at boot despite having this in etc/fstab:
/dev/sdb1 /media/HDD1 auto noatime 0 0
sda1 (sata port) has an identical line and this mounts fine.
Can the USB mount at boot fix be applied to a current installation? And is there a way to fix the sdxy assignment as this will cause problems with NFS sharing of these drives?

I'm also experiencing really slow speeds transferring data over NFS from the USB drive. I'm talking sub 1 MB/s which is a big problem. I need to investigate further to see if this is just NFS or as well between the two drives.

patwood

Quote from: Brakelmann on February 07, 2014, 09:01:19 am
Hi There,

is it possible to boot from nand and use the SDCard as mounted storage?!
If in insert the sdcard, the CT always wants to boot from SD card.

Thanks, Brakelmann.

Read this: http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php/topic,1542.0.html

patwood

Quote from: Morphy on February 07, 2014, 09:46:54 am
Quote from: agarbato on February 03, 2014, 04:38:41 pm
After a couple of days with the new image built with USB-STORAGE to Y I find out that sometimes sata and usb tend to swap their names with sda/sdb.   99% of the times USB is sda and SATA sdb ( I tought it would have been the opposite but it's not) but sometimes they just change without a reason as the boot sequence is alway the same and both drives are always connected. 

This could be a problem for me too. I've got a USB-SATA adapter that has two SATA channels. I only have one of them connected at the moment but this will not mount at boot despite having this in etc/fstab:
/dev/sdb1 /media/HDD1 auto noatime 0 0
sda1 (sata port) has an identical line and this mounts fine.
Can the USB mount at boot fix be applied to a current installation? And is there a way to fix the sdxy assignment as this will cause problems with NFS sharing of these drives?

I'm also experiencing really slow speeds transferring data over NFS from the USB drive. I'm talking sub 1 MB/s which is a big problem. I need to investigate further to see if this is just NFS or as well between the two drives.

Are you sure the usb-storage module is built-into the kernel?  If not, the USB HDD won't mount until the module is loaded.  First check for USB_STORAGE in the kernel's configuration:

zgrep USB_STORAGE /proc/config.gz

If it's m, then you actually may be better off than if it's built into the kernel, since you want to have both SATA and USB drives connected at boot time, and you want these drives to be consistently named.  You could try putting usb_storage in /etc/modules and adding a mount line to /etc/rc.local; I believe all the modules should be loaded by then.

lauri

Hello,

Good job, but it seems I am unable to install it to NAND.

I booted it from microSD and ran "bash nand-install.sh" and followed the instructions.

When I remove the microSD card and hold power button to power it up I get stuck at boot:

slovenia

Quote from: lauri on February 07, 2014, 06:13:46 pm
Hello,

Good job, but it seems I am unable to install it to NAND.

I booted it from microSD and ran "bash nand-install.sh" and followed the instructions.

When I remove the microSD card and hold power button to power it up I get stuck at boot:

Thanks. This issue is known but unsolved yet :) There is a workaround - read from here.

lauri

Quote from: slovenia on February 08, 2014, 04:21:33 am
Thanks. This issue is known but unsolved yet :) There is a workaround - read from here.

What exactly are you referring to? After some digging I guess this has something to do with A20 version A vs version B. Some details about that issue can be found here:

http://www.cubietruck.com/blogs/news/11711025-upgrade-new-android-for-cubietruckv1-01

slovenia

QuoteWhat exactly are you referring to? After some digging I guess this has something to do with A20 version A vs version B. Some details about that issue can be found here:

That's one problem. Try to replace (in nand-install script)

nand-part
with
nand-part -f a20

Repeat the whole procedure.

There is another unsolved problem too and if this does not work, there is an dirty workaround - installing lubuntu to NAND with Phoenix tools and do the nand-install again.

lauri

Quote from: slovenia on February 08, 2014, 06:22:53 am
That's one problem. Try to replace (in nand-install script)

nand-part
with
nand-part -f a20

Repeat the whole procedure.

This is what already is there..

Quote from: slovenia on February 08, 2014, 06:22:53 am
There is another unsolved problem too and if this does not work, there is an dirty workaround - installing lubuntu to NAND with Phoenix tools and do the nand-install again.

This addresses version A vs B issue?