Author Topic: Cubietruck clone?  (Read 4185 times)

markinhos

Cubietruck clone?
« on: December 02, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »
Hi there,

Looking for a Cubietruck on Aliexpress I found a new board called "Hummingbird A20", after checking the features it looks very similar to Cubietruck (A20, gigabit ethernet, HDMI...) but with better price and a few more things like sound and tv input/output. As disadvantage... it has just 1GB RAM  :'(

I don't know this board or company, does anybody know anything about them? Is it a Cubietruck clone?

It cost around $67, it's a nice price for a gigabit ethernet board :P but software scares me (support? community?...)  :-\
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:56:57 pm by Markinhos »

splatoid

Re: Cubietruck clone?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:03:54 pm »
Yes they look familiar to me. I'm quite sure they are a China based company. I've never used them but there kind of linked to the people who make the cubietruck Ive I remember correctly.

Offline wickwire

• View Profile
Re: Cubietruck clone?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:30:20 am »
I also found this device online, but the website is something else...

They consider a .doc file to be equivalent to an SDK
Said SDK leads to a 404 error
No other software is available, although they claim it is - what happens if I have to reflash the NAND with the shipped Android image and where is the Linux support?
The Merri BBS is filled with fake threads/posts, not sure if they were hacked already or if they thought dummy content was the good way to stage activity - either way, doesn't sound good.

Doesn't seem legitimate, my advice, avoid it.