November 14, 2019, 11:39:05 pm

News:

Have you visited the Allwinner Chipset wiki? - http://linux-sunxi.org/

Dahdi - missisng headers Help.

Started by murphy1969, November 10, 2013, 09:12:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

murphy1969

Anyone know how to fix this issue os missing headers. The problem is when i compile from source I get missing headers but if I use aptt-get install dahdi it installs. The the problem comes at apt-get install libpri. Help please.

wantmymoneyback

Hello.
I have not compiled this, but in the past when compiling things with missing headers in Fedora, it is necessary to install the xxxx-devel in order to get the headers installed to then compile.

Asterisk has a page of software that lists various versions of libpri.
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/libpri/

So if like when I am compiling, for example gdl, you can install this, (in Fedora using rpm or yum) or just compile and then install it and then compile the software that needs it.

murphy1969

November 11, 2013, 06:44:02 pm #2 Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:53:50 pm by murphy1969
Is there any solution for Dahdi to compile from source. apt-get install dahdi install but apt-get install libpri does not.

wantmymoneyback

November 12, 2013, 07:37:09 pm #3 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:43:45 pm by wantmymoneyback
Download the needed lib files, compile and install them, making sure that if in /usr/local/lib that it is in the search path or add it with -L.
Then compile the main program.

It seem everything needed for the compilation is here:
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/
with the readme
"This is a simple-to-install 'complete' DAHDI kit for Linux users. It is designed to be a drop-in replacement for users used to building Zaptel 1.2 or 1.4 for their system without specifying any special build options, file locations, or anything else. If you need to influence the build or installation process in any way outside the defaults, you will need to use the installation steps specific to the dahdi-linux and dahdi-tools packages separately (both of which are located in subdirectories of the dahdi-complete package). To install this package, execute these commands: Step 1) $ make all This will build the dahdi-linux kernel modules for your currently-running Linux kernel, and the dahdi-tools userspace tools. Step 2) $ make install You will need to run this step as root (or via sudo or some equivalent), to install the kernel modules and userspace tools on your system. Step 3 (optional)) $ make config Again you will need to run this step as root or equivalent; this step is only needed if you want to install the sample DAHDI configuration files and init script and have not previously installed them. "

It appears that this one download has all of the needed files.

Perhaps a better url is this one:
http://kb.digium.com/articles/Installation/Installing-DAHDI
for explaining how to install.

Are you able to compile anything? If so, then just keep adding the required headers until you are able to compile everything.

murphy1969

November 14, 2013, 07:31:09 pm #4 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:29:38 pm by murphy1969
I am able to compile but dahdi keeps giving me missing headers. I am going to try what you posted and let you all know the results. Here are the details after compiling ncurses, zlib and libnewt.

root@server1:/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1# make all
make -C linux all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux'
make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware'
You do not appear to have the sources for the 3.4.67+ kernel installed.
make[1]: *** [oct612x-lib] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux'
make: *** [all] Error 2

wantmymoneyback

Murphy:

I just saw your question.

Remember, I have not compiled this software but understand the problems you are having from compiling other software.

The error message seems to indicate that you need to install kernel headers. What ever Linux you are using, something like kernel-devel should be available. Make sure you have the correct version (that is, that all of the numbers match).

If you can get apt to work (and it seems in the past you have mentioned it working) look for kernel development or kernel headers [use a Google search with Linux name and the version number] and you should then be able to continue.

If you have not changed anything in your compilation directory, it should just begin where it left off and continue.

I hope this has helped.

murphy1969

I just joined the asterisk forums also and got some good suggestions like not to use dahdi and libpri. Just compile asterisk and use it. I have got asterisk compiled on my cubieboard A10 now. I use the sd card for complet setup and then transferred the image to nand. now one question is when i run fdisk -l i get this error at the bottom. How do i fix it.

Disk /dev/nandb doesn't contain a valid partition table

Disk /dev/nand: 4085 MB, 4085252096 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 496 cylinders, total 7979008 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Disk /dev/nand doesn't contain a valid partition table
You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk /dev/nanda: 1 MB, 1048576 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders, total 2048 sectors

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System

Disk /dev/nandb: 4084 MB, 4084195328 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 496 cylinders, total 7976944 sectors

Disk /dev/nandb doesn't contain a valid partition table
root@Cubian:~# free -h
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          808M        45M       763M         0B       7.5M        20M
-/+ buffers/cache:        17M       790M
Swap:           0B         0B         0B

patwood

Don't use fdisk on the nand.  It is partitioned with a custom allwinner format.  Use nand-part to display the partition layout or change it.

murphy1969

Quote from: patwood on November 18, 2013, 10:01:19 pm
Don't use fdisk on the nand.  It is partitioned with a custom allwinner format.  Use nand-part to display the partition layout or change it.

Thank you